Practice AreasCorporate & Commercial
Corporate & Commercial
The African Continent today offers opportunities for inbound investment, business expansion and other commercial activities at a time more mature world markets are under strain.
The firm’s lawyers have worked with international corporations in noteworthy transactions at all stages of transactions, ranging from origination, negotiation and documentation to closing. We also represent smaller corporations whose transactions, while modest in monetary value, involve enormous strategic significance for them.
We have advised on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures & partnerships, foreign direct investment and undertaken several due diligence investigations on behalf of our clients. We also continuously advise clients on a full range of corporate financing and related transactions, with our experience encompassing the complete spectrum of equity, debt and hybrid instruments.
- Advising a state owned enterprise on the restructuring and amalgamation of seven public entities into a single corporate entity and compliance with the Public Finance Management Act in South Africa;
- Advising a global manufacturer of transmission and distribution power line components in the development of a regional market entry strategy and channel partner identification in Kenya;
- Advising an energy utility on the disposal of its wholly owned subsidiary in South Africa;
- Advising an international client in the floriculture sector on market entry, project design, land acquisition and establishment of a 100-acre flower farm in Kenya;
- Undertaking a due diligence investigation of an energy utility’s transactions within the African continent; and
- Advising the government on the acquisition of a majority stake in an aluminium manufacturing company in Ghana.