Practice AreasPolicy & Legislative Drafting
Policy & Legislative Drafting
The Firm’s lawyers have drafted and commented on primary and subordinate legislation as well as assisted clients in relation to making submissions on this legislation as it passes through the legislative or regulation-making process.
We work closely with policy making institutions, government departments, legislators, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to draft and advocate legislation in the public finance, energy and infrastructure sectors. Our support to clients includes the conduct of unique and quality research and analyses locally, while incorporating international best practice for each specific sector, thereby ensuring that our drafting and review of current and/ or proposed policies and legislation can withstand public scrutiny.
- Engaged by UN Habitat to draft policy and legislation for the development of a sustainable infrastructure development fund on behalf of a local county government in Kenya;
- Engaged by UN Habitat to advise on the establishment of a county corporation, drafting the legal opinion, policy and enabling legislation for implementation of the corporation;
- Drafting policy and legislation for the establishment of an Enterprise Development Fund for Youth, Women & Persons Living with Disabilities on behalf of a local county government in Kenya;
- Commenting on and drafting amendments to a local county government’s various legislation on Roads, Infrastructure, Water & Sanitation in Kenya;
- Commenting on and drafting submissions on proposed amendments to the Public Finance Management Act Regulations on behalf of a joint public finance committee in Kenya; and
- Drafting of proposed licences for the new generation electricity wholesale and retail licences for submission to NERSA in South Africa.