Practice AreasPolicy & Legislative Drafting
Policy & Legislative Advisory
Africa is in motion. The Firm’s lawyers work closely with policy making institutions, government departments, legislators, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to draft and advocate legislation in the public finance, energy and infrastructure sectors to keep pace with international best practice.
Our support to private sector clients includes advising on proposed or imminent legislation or amendments to ensure compliance with the policy and legislative changes that may impact on their business across our practice areas.
- Advising on and drafting agreements between county governments for the establishment of regional economic or development blocs in Kenya;
- Drafting policy and legislation for the development of a sustainable infrastructure development fund on behalf of a local county government in Kenya;
- Drafting policy and legislation for the establishment of a county development corporation and guidelines for implementation of the corporation;
- Drafting policy and legislation for the establishment of an Enterprise Development Fund for Youth, Women & Persons Living with Disabilities on behalf of a local county government in Kenya;
- Commenting on and drafting amendments to a local county government’s various legislation on Roads, Infrastructure, Water & Sanitation in Kenya;
- Commenting on and drafting submissions on proposed amendments to the Public Finance Management Act Regulations on behalf of a joint public finance committee in Kenya; and
- Drafting of proposed licences for the new generation electricity wholesale and retail licences for submission to NERSA in South Africa.