The management and protection of our international and local Clients’ intellectual property has become a fast-growing practice for the Firm. We provide support to international corporations expand their operations within the African continent on their brand management strategies to protect their IP assets in the target countries of operation.
Similarly, as our local clients venture out to the rest of the World, we have been able to advise on and support the registration of IP rights in multiple jurisdictions in collaboration with local counsel in Africa, North America, Europe and China.
- Advising a Kenyan company on its TM and Design registrations in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa as well as under the Madrid protocol.
- Undertaking a TM due diligence exercise on behalf of an international client with registrations in various jurisdictions including Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas’.
- Advising on technology licensing agreements for a US-based company seeking to license its IT technology to a Kenyan-based company.
- Advising on a Contract Manufacturing Agreement for an Indian-based company in the FMCG sector seeking to manufacture its products in Kenya.
- Advising a Kenyan-based company in its applications for bulk money transfer licenses and managing its engagements with regulators including the communications authority and the central bank of Kenya.
- Advising a local company in the FMCG sector on its Private Label Manufacturing Agreements