Establishing operations on the African continent as part of an international corporations expansion strategy entails complex staffing decisions that need to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements. These range from the requirement to recruit a minimum percentage of local staff to ensuring that expatriate staff applying for work permits are supported by local understudies and undertake mandatory training of these during the validity of their permit.
We support our international Clients with applications for the correct category of pass or permit for their key personnel and dependents where applicable and ensure continued support throughout the validity of their permits or renewal process.
Finally, we assist our Clients’ HR teams with the structuring of executive remuneration as well as the preparation of Employment Contracts, Executive Contracts and Secondment Agreements that comply with local law.
- Advising a US-based company and preparing executive contracts for its local and international staff in compliance with local law in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria.
- Supporting a US-based company with Executive Contracts and applications for special passes and work permits for its international staff in Kenya.
- Supporting an Indian based company with company with applications for work permit renewals for its international staff.
- Supporting a French national with relocation procedures post-employment termination under a secondment agreement.
- Advising a Japanese based client in its review of residency options as an individual consultant.
- Advising an East African conglomerate in the development of an Employee Share Option Scheme for its Senior Executives and Management.
- Advising a construction company on the requirements for local skilled and unskilled labour in respect of a project to be implemented in Nairobi