The African Continent offers opportunities for inbound investment, business expansion and other commercial activities at a time more mature world markets are under strain.
The Firm’s lawyers have worked with governments, state-owned corporations and international corporations in all stages of transactions, ranging from transaction origination, due diligence, document negotiation to closing.
We advise on market entry strategies, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures & partnerships, undertaking due diligence investigations as well as intellectual property registration, protection and licensing.
The Firm provides support to clients in the conduct of pre-acquisition due diligence ahead of their proposed investments. As part of the broader investment process, we provide regulatory compliance advice that is sector specific.
Finally, we advise on, draft and provide negotiation support transactional documents such as Term Sheets, Investment Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Shareholder and Subscription Agreements, JV Agreements, Management Service Contracts and such other transaction documents as may be necessary to give effect to an investment, acquisition or disposal.
- Advising a US-based corporation in the agri-business sector on the disposal of its majority shareholding in a local subsidiary in Kenya.
- Advising the government on the acquisition of a majority stake in an aluminium manufacturing company in Ghana.
- Advising an energy utility on the disposal of its wholly owned subsidiary in South Africa.
- Advising a global manufacturer of transmission and distribution power line components in the development of a regional market entry strategy and channel partner identification in Kenya.
- Advising a US-based corporation on its proposed acquisition of a local technology company in Kenya.
- Advising a Chinese company in its joint venture with a local company in the construction sector in Kenya
- Providing due-diligence support to a South African based investment fund in its proposed acquisition of educational institution with five schools in Kenya.
- Advising a Mauritian based investment fund in its proposed investments in Kenya in the agribusiness sector.
- Advising the Southern Africa Enterprise Development Fund on its various investments in southern Africa including ensuring compliance by the Fund with its own funding agencies’ requirements.
- Advising an international client in the floriculture sector on market entry, project design, land acquisition and establishment of a 100-acre flower farm in Kenya;