As the Continent’s energy demands continue to grow, the Firm’s lawyers have been involved in advising and supporting both the Private Sector and Public Sector in navigating the legal and regulatory landscape that governs the transitions in the dynamic energy sector.
Over the years, clients have included state owned corporations, county governments, specialised EPCM companies, EPC Contractors, manufacturers of distribution and transmission line components as well as independent power generators and distribution companies.
- Advising an energy utility on the impact of the Energy Act 2019 on its core business as a power generator with a strong focus on the renewable energy sector.
- Advising a county government on the impact and implementation of the Energy Act 2019 with special focus on the revised royalty sharing regime and electricity distribution functions.
- Advising an infrastructure fund on the legal and regulatory framework governing public procurement and Privately Initiated Investment Proposals in the energy and infrastructure sector in Kenya.
- Drafting submissions and memoranda to proposed regulations under the Energy Act, 2019 on behalf of a client in the electricity distribution sector;
- Advising a private electricity distribution company, on the ownership, operation and maintenance of the supply and distribution infrastructure within its licensed area.
- Advising a large scale property developer on the impact of the Energy Act 2019 on its proposed electricity distribution business within the development.