As both government and private sector players continue to face increased scrutiny in the utilisation of public resources, we work with both the private sector and public sector to navigate through this complex area of public finance law and procurement at both the national and sub-national level.
We advise state-owned enterprises on compliance with the legal and regulatory regime governing public finance management as well as public procurement and disposal of assets.
We advise both national and sub-national governments as well as state-owned enterprises on compliance with international and national bidding processes in the preparation of their submissions.
Our lawyers have been involved in procurement support to both private and public sector clients and supported in evaluation, negotiation and post procurement audit processes where necessary.
- Advising on a turnkey project for the design, finance, construction and management of public healthcare facilities, a collaboration between Private Healthcare services provider and a local county government in Kenya;
- Advising a local county government on project identification, development of TORs and securing approval for key infrastructure projects under various World Bank funded programmes in Kenya;
- Advising an international client in the transmission and distribution lines business on compliance with procurement and bidding processes for various projects in East Africa funded by the World Bank, JICA or AfDB;
- Advising an international client in the ICT sector on compliance with procurement and bidding processes in East Africa funded by the World Bank or AfDB;
- Advising an international client in the lighting and energy efficiency sector on compliance with procurement and bidding processes in Kenya funded by the World Bank; and
- Advising a state-owned enterprise on the restructuring and amalgamation of seven public entities into a single corporate entity and compliance with the Public Finance Management Act in South Africa.