The Firm’s growing Real Estate Practice represents a diverse range of clients from large scale developers to individual residential, commercial and agricultural property owners. We apply our skills to the full cycle of a real estate deal, providing a holistic approach for our clients to ensure their investments are successfully implemented.
The Firm’s services include site acquisition and advising on development control processes necessary for the successful implementation of the Clients’ proposed property development.
Specialist services include advising on proposed subdivisions, amalgamations and change of user processes, project permitting and approvals as well as undertaking property due diligence investigations. Key strategic support includes advising on management and leasing arrangements as well as negotiation support with investors for fundraising and joint venture structuring.
Finally, we support Clients in the procurement and contracting of key project professional ranging from project managers, architects, engineers and surveyors to the contractors working under construction or EPC basis
- Advising a land-owner on the structuring and development of a proposed 200-residential apartment development in Nairobi including identification of private sector developers, drafting and negotiating Joint Venture Agreements and other project and financing agreements.
- Advising a property developer on the project structuring and development of a 62- Town Houses within a gated community.
- Advising property developer on the structuring, development and procurement options for an affordable housing project for engagement with the Government of Kenya.
- Advising a property developer on the project structuring and development of its proposed real estate development and preparing the various contracts for the project professionals.
- Advising a Savings & Credit Co-operative Society on the project structuring and funding of a multi-million turnkey DBFT housing project on 100 acres in Kenya.
- Advising a Kenyan-based company issuing loan notes totalling US$1 million in respect of a real estate project in Kenya.